Saturday, October 4, 2014

Happy WCM Day with a Trio of Mixed Media Cards

Hello, friends! I am joining my many friends around the globe today celebrating World Card Making Day! I have a trio of mixed media cards that I had so much fun to make. I used three of my own stamp designs by Penny Black: Petal Power, Sentimental and Textures.

I LOVE the mixed media look, but don't have a lot of time to create all the layers and textures. And when creating cards, I really can't make them too bulky because I risk damaging the card en route to its recipient. This is why I love my stamps and inks to create depth without the bulk. For my cards below, I stamped the solid images from Petal Power with Distress Inks and watered them down with a brush to create the water colored look.
WCMD-PB-Cards
When they dried, I inked, stitched and distressed the edges. To create the textured burlap/canvas look, I stamped randomly Textures with Antique Linen right on top of the flower.
WCMD-PB-Card1
I then watered down some Distress Ink Black Soot and with a water colored brush, picked up the color and flicked the excess water off onto the stamped image to create this look.
WCMD-PB-Card2
I allowed all that to dry before stamping the sentiment with Versafine Ink above the image. To finish the card, I added some button, twine and Want2Scrap pearls. I made the card base to coordinate with the colors of the flowers. Adhesives by SA by 3L.
WCMD-PB-Card3
If you like to support a charity that appeals to us, card makers, check out Operation Write Home. They serve our military with handmade cards. HERE are OWH's current needs. I hope you will get to make some cards today. Have a great weekend!
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! These are stunning! I love the stamping, the texture, the distressing and the stitching!
    Beth
    Beth's Beauties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- love the stamps, love the colors; and love the distressed look of your cards! Great job; TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great details to enjoy on your cards. Happy WCMD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nina, your cards are just lovely!! The distress inks and texture stamps create a lovely mixed media look! Thank you so much for sharing your technique. Can't wait to try it! Happy WCMD! ♡Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! I love all the different distressing and the stitching is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo beautiful, Nina! I love those gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cards - great tip about stamping texture on TOP of the image :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful cards! I love all of the details that you created while keeping it "mail friendly". Also, thanks for including your step by step process. I think I might have to give something like this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are beautifully detailed!! Thank you for sharing the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful pieces of art! Great use of colors and media.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards Nina - love how you manage to make them look like mixed media but without the bulk.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to rubberstamp images and keep from having too many layers and bulk..... these are great!!! Love the shadowing coming in from the edges.....very, very nice! Thank you for supporting OWH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are absolutely amazing and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning cards...yummy! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty card! Love the techniques you used. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards and a great cause "Operation Write Home"!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails