Monday, September 16, 2013

Silhouette Thanks

I finally got on the Silhouette Cameo bandwagon. I have saved up birthday and Christmas money (Yes, I still get them :) for a long time and Amazon had a great deal a few months ago. I had all summer to play with it, but didn't have the chance to do it much until I returned to Croatia. I haven't been able to make successful cuts every time, but it's partially due to a defective blade (hopefully, the replacement is on its way here), partially user error. I have to fiddle around with the machine to get the right settings for the type of paper I have. It's not rocket science, I know, so I'll get there eventually. :)

I like that I can design my own cuts, which I already do anyway for Spellbinders and I love my SB Dies. But there are so much I like to do that don't get made into dies. Here is one example. The sentiment here is cut with my Silhouette. It's inspired by the Silhouette's current challenge. I weld the letters together for my sentiment. The papers are Echo Park. The pearls are Want2Scrap.
Silhouette-thanks
Here it is close up. I love the pop of blue with the dark pink background.
Silhouette-thanks-det
Come back tomorrow when The Craft's Meow team will begin the previews for the September release. Have a great day!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Cute card Nina and have resisted this new crafty machine...so far :)Keeping strong, don't need it, do I?...no, I have no room so moving on, I think :))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! You are going to have so much fun with that machine, wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the machine! I love my cameo. I'm still learning stuff with it, and I've had it almost two years. I saw your card in the challenge and thought it was gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! I'm a newbie to the cameo as well. Sometimes it's challenging but fabulous when it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nina, I just love your card and your style. I always admire the work you do.

    Congrats for jumping on the Cameo bandwagon! It's a great machine and there is so much potential to enhance your stamps with it. If you ever need some help, your friends over at Stamp TV have a group and it is great! There is lots of information from experienced Cameo users.

    Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another stunner Nina, and I love the wee butterflies in formation across the lower part of the card.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent news, I got one last Christmas with my birthday and Christmas money (which I still get too!!). I have to say it has completely transformed the style of card making I do, and I can do all sorts I never even imagined! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing! I love all the elements, they are so unique yet work so well together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails