Wednesday, September 25, 2013

God's Work Mixed Media Card

Hello, friends! I hope you are enjoying your first few days of fall. Autumn has definitely arrived in Croatia. I love it when the sun is shining but the temps are a little on the cool side (emphasis on LITTLE :). I haven't been much online since I was in a wedding over the weekend, hosted an out of town friend, hosted some more friends, and finished our Christmas cards this year, all 140+ of them. I had very eager little helpers to get me going. :)

My card for today is mixed media inspired. I used my newest TCM Stamps, Chalkboard Faith.  I first colored the background with some Oil Pastels (or crayons would do, if you don't have the pastels), which makes this card perfect for the Moxie Fab Color Media Challenge. I then rubbed them with my fingers to blend. I used DecoArt's Modeling Paste and Want2Scrap's Bare Tree Stencil to create the tree. I let it dry for a few hours.
God-way
Because the quote lines are so close together, I stamped it twice. I cut the banner lines from one of the stamped images, and the others from the 2nd. I highlighted them with some Want2Scrap bling. The tree was decorated with paper flowers. A little bit of Twinery is added before I adhered it to the base.
God-way-det
Here is the stamp set I used. Have a great day!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely card Nina - I have some oil pastels but have not really known how to use them - you have inspired me. Love that stamp set too!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nina! Thanks for linking this up to the Color Media Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails