Monday, April 1, 2013

Paper Wishes Sorbet Artful Card Kit Cards

A couple of weeks ago, I received a very big box of surprise in the mail from a company called Paper Wishes. If that sounds unfamiliar, perhaps you've heard of Hot Off The Press, which is the wholesale arm of the company, while Paper Wishes is their direct-to-consumer online store. I believe the very first patterned papers I ever owned many years ago were made by them. My mom had a huge collection of their products. Paper Wishes sent me paper crafting supplies to play with and I've had so much fun. I will be sharing from time to time the projects I make with their lovely products.

For today's post, I used their Sorbet Artful Card Kit. It's available on the Paper Wishes website, (you can also purchase it on Amazon). At first glance, the collection didn't appeal to me. But I set myself down and made myself play with the different papers and die cuts in the collection. It didn't take long before inspiration hit and I made my first card, then the next...and had to stop at 8 with still half the kit left over!

With all the beautiful die cuts and coordinating papers in this kit, it wasn't hard at all to create the layered look without the bulk! With the inked edges, I even gave an illusion of yet another layer. It was so easy to create when the elements are already coordinated for you. Other supplies used are white card bases, Want2Scrap pearls, ribbons, twine, lace and TCM's Sent With Love for one of the sentiments. Here are the 8 cards I made. Most of these are considered CAS because it took no time to make. But look at the beautiful layered vintage look? I can't get enough of those flowers, too!
Sorbet-Card-Kit2
Sorbet-Card-Kit3
Sorbet-Card-Kit
Sorbet-Card-Kit4
It's a holiday here in Croatia (and snowing in April!), so I have a few ladies coming to have a crafty day with me and my girls. Have a great week!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Wow - this must have been an amazing kit to play with. These are really beautiful cards Nina.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice cards!!! Paperwishes was the first company I bought scrappy things from, many many years ago. I still buy some things from them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards, Love the vintage feel & colours.. I agree those flowers are Beautiful... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails