Monday, October 22, 2012

Mass-Produced Cards Tutorial and Winners

For my The Craft's Meow's preview post, please scroll down below or click HERE.

Happy Monday, friends! I hope you had a relaxing weekend. As promised, I am showing you how I mass produced some of my Christmas cards this year. It's pretty simple really and it starts with a basic sketch. I made at least 24 cards from one paper pack.
Supplies
Instructions (Click photos to enlarge):

1. Cut various dies from 6 sheets of the paper pack. I cut two sheets at a time. Die cut labels from kraft and/or sand cardstock. I do this while watching TV or something else with the family.
2. Cut 1” (2.5 cm) off the remaining 18 of the 6x6 papers. You will end up with 18 sheets of 6" x 5". Save the 1" strips for later use.

3.Cut 12 of the sheets in half. Cut the remaining 6 in quarters. You will end up with 24 - 3"x 5" panels and 1.5"x5" strips:
4. Mix and match solids/prints of the patterned paper pieces, one panel and one strip for each card:
5. Adhere them to coordinating folded A5 cards. Stitch the top and bottom edges of the patterned papers, if desired:
6. Put together tags (see previous post):
7.  Adhere tags to front of cards. I made three versions:
Easy (added twine only to the tag, no stitching)
NBD-Card-Easy
Intermediate (added folded ribbon and some stitching)
NBD-Card-Intermediate
Fancy (added ribbon, button and twine, stitching)
NBD-Card-Fancy
I will show other cards later using the other die cuts. You can see others that I already posted on my blog here and here.

And now, the WINNERS of the NinaB Designs Blog HopThe Spellbinders' Ironworks Accents and Dies go to...Shartl (from Linda's blog). The winners of my Layers of Color stamps is Lisa's Creative Niche (from Clare's blog). Winners, please email me via Contact tab above with your info within 4 days (till October 26) in order to claim the  prize. Under the subject line, please put "NinaB Designs Oct 2012 Blog Hop winner." This will help with organization and avoiding confusion. Thanks for understanding!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. yay!!! Thank you so very much! Off to email you! And thank you so much for the step by step on todays post, love it!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks so much for that amazing giveaway! I can't believe I won the dies!!
    What a great tutorial for making a lot of cards with the same design. I can't believe how different they look just by switching up the papers and/or colors! Off to contact you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails