Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Learn to Surf

It's been so hot and humid here, so I'm dreaming of cooler beach weather. Today's card uses my friend Michelle's TCM stamps, It's a Shore Thing and October Afternoon's Seaside papers. I added some bling for the water squirt.
Learn to Surf
The adventure that I mentioned in my previous post ended up being very productive. We drove to Graz, Austria to shop. Crazy, isn't it? that we travel across borders (Slovenia is between here and Austria) to shop. It's only an hour and 15 minutes drive away and the prices for certain staples are much cheaper there. And they have certain items we can't get in Croatia (like the necessary marshmallows and Rice Krispies cereal:-). Not to mention that they have an Ikea, Toys'R Us, and Burger King. It's a good place to visit that reminds us of "home" once in awhile.

I found a winter jacket for my oldest for 9 Euros ($15) and that is cheap! I also found some little items from Ikea that I can't wait to alter. Unfortunately, they still don't have a craft store, but that is probably a good thing. :-)
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. I'm ready for a trip to the beach myself! Really cute card, Nina! I love it!

    So glad you had a good day of shopping and that you're ready for your visitors. Hopefully you can relax a little before they come!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love the bling, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nina! Such a fun card! We are almost at beach weather here!!! :> The last time I went to Croatia we flew to Frankfurt and than drove to visit family in Switzerland first. I was amazed how in one day we could pass through so many counties! And seeing so many Ikeas in one day! Here in Canada it would take days of driving to see how many I saw in just a few hours! :> I bet it's fun to go on such a short trip and get such good deals! :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! Glad you had a great day shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute, Nina!!! Thanks for sharing, and glad you had fun on your shopping 'across the border'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card Nina! Love your little whale! WOw lots of traveling to get what you want!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely bright sunny card!! Love the colours and the cute images.
    Nice to hear you had a good shopping trip ;) On the side, Croatia is on my "to visit" list. Just waiting for a good time...sometimes life gets too busy. Hope the weather is better today. {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute, cute, cute...love the colors and the bling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet!!
    I pray for you and your family.
    "Besitos e bendiciones"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nina this card is so cheerful and warm- (from and wet and cool N.Z.)- just love the sentiment.
    So glad you enjoyed your shopping expedition, we are with family in a city, so shopping is on the list of 'things to do' tomorrow - including to a major craft supplies shop :-)). Bye Bye bank account!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. your card is SO adorable!! Your trip sounds like alot of fun! It must be so cool living in a place where you can drive to nearby countries. Sounds like it was a successful shopping adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY, Nina--this is GORGEOUS! I love the colors and that ribbon--oh my! Just knocked my socks off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet card! I love how you made the waves the same color as the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails