Saturday, March 5, 2011

Easter and Thanks

I made the card below for last week's Card Patterns sketch 104, but just forgot to post it. I used my latest Christ is Risen set and Basic Grey Curio papers.
Nina Sketch 104
I made this card below for the Paper Crafts Magazine's Sketch for Card Makers call. I got two cards in that publication, but this one didn't make it. This was one of my favorites because I love quilts (but don't have the skills or patience to create a real one :-). The sentiment is from my Nana's Needlework Sentiments and papers by October Afternoon. This was based on sketch #77. You can download all the sketches HERE. And I'm not sure if it qualifies, but I'm entering it to Moxie Fab's Paper Piecing Challenge.

This is also perfect for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ current challenge. I think every other card I make qualifies for their challenge because I just love buttons :-). I especially love the short lesson on the names of God in the Bible found in the SSIC post. What a great reminder of the Great God we serve!
Thanks Sew Much
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Nina! I love the quilt design on the second one! So cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your CP card is really gorgeous...love the colors....your 2nd card is soooooo SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards! The first is so royal looking! Love the quilted one! OA papers again and I love the cross-stitched sentiment...adorable!! Thank you!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nina, your cards are gorgeous. I cannot believe your first card didn't get picked up by PC! Wowzers, it's fabulous! Love the second card too - it is 'sew' much fun! I've made a few quilts, but like you, I really don't have the patience for it! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nina both your cards are beautiful as always! I love the first one and like Patti, can't believe it didn't get picked up but you just never know what they are looking for do you? LOVE your quilt card and what a perfect background for our button challenge! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Nina - it is always a blessing to me to see you at SSIC - and what gorgeous cards! I agree with Patti and Grace - I am amazed your first card was not picked up by PC - their loss!! It is divine! I love your SSIC card too - I always admire the way you use buttons - I love them but am not good with them! LOL! Love this Nina! Thank you for playing along with us at the Stampin'Sisters in Christ Challenge this week - we love to see you an appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Nina! Love the elegance of the first and stitched panels on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful Easter card Nina. I am surprised that it didn't make it in the call. Gorgeous work.
    Gina L.
    http://canoncreativegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Nina... LOVE the way you did the crowns/cross on the first and the stitching/colors are fab on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love both of these cards. The crowns & cross and colors are so beautiful in the first, and being a sewer, I just love the quilting effect and colors of the second one. Fabulous!
    The first card should of been published, sorry it didn't make it.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  11. your first card is gorgeous and the second one so delightful. love love how you used the patterned papers. fabulous work as always! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OHHH! These are super beautiful! I love that second one--love that stitching! FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nina, very pretty cards. Thank you for the sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nina you are always a wonderfuul artist and have definitely been blessed with your talents. I love both cards and love the paper piecing you did for the Thank you card.thank you for always sharing so much with all of us. Our lives are blessed with you in it.

    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Nina! Thanks for entering the Paper Piecing Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the stampy fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails