Monday, August 2, 2010

Gina K Designs' Blast from the Past Hop

I'm slowly recovering from the busy-ness of CHA, but feel so inspired by all the new products and people I met while there. I can't wait to play with the new products. :-)

In the meantime, I am so excited to show off today's cards for the special Gina K Designs Blast from the Past Hop. I have two cards to show you using three sets that were released in 2009. It was so good to play with these again.

The first card follows the elegant and classy style (perfect for Moxie Fab's Elegant Style contest) uses my Lord of the Season and Elegant Verses sets. The flower topiary was colored with Copics and accented with pearls. The verse was heat embossed with white.

This card uses my first GinaK Designs set, Special Fathers. The background diagonals is a PP by The Paper Studio. Doesn't it look like wall paper? The white strip is scored with a ScorPal to create the baseboard look.

For even more samples of some of our favorite 'Blast from the Past' GinaK Designs stamp sets, check out these participating designers' blogs:
The entire GinaK Designs team would like to invite you to the virtual Release party we'll be having this Thursday, August 5th on StampTV. It will be a bit different than our usual release party, but we'll still have challenges, contest questions, and designer samples that you won't want to miss out on! More information on that event will be shared by GinaK soon, so stay tuned to her blog for all the details this week.

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. These are fabulous.....the topiary card is STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Nina, and fabulous stamp sets! Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nina!! First, your cards are gorgeous! I love your style! Then, I am late, but huge Congrats on designing for Spellbinders now! This is amazing, I am so happy for you! Oh and I am jealous you were at CHA...I hope to be able to meet all these fab people (including you!) one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your gorgeous cards, Nina! beautiful elegant designs as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic cards - love how you made the baseboard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. More beautiful cards, Nina! I love the quilted look on your Lord of the Season card! The baseboard and "wallpaper" are so cool on the Special Fathers card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the colors on your topiary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You so rock Nina! Love your coloring on these, and the whole designs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Nina! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Classy & Elegant Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! Love the quilted look on the first one and the fun wallpaper for the second!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your cards! Just GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What gorgeous cards! Amazing as always and so inspiring! I would love to own every one of your stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails