Monday, January 11, 2010

My Guest DT for Heartily Yours and Heartily Yours Additions

I have been dying to share t his wonderful news with you ever since my Guest DT agreed to design for me for my Heartily Yours and Heartily Yours Additions stamp sets. I have been her fan since I found her wonderful works of art over at the Hero Arts Flickr group. She has a distinct style that is cute, cheery and just altogether inspiring.

So, without further ado, please welcome the uber-talented,


I asked her a few questions so that we can all get to know her better.

1. How long have you been paper crafting and how did you get started?

I started scrapbooking about 3 or 4 years ago and got into card making not long after that. But I didn't start making cards seriously until the beginning of 2009 when I jointed the Hero Arts Flickr group. It's an incredibly warm and friendly group that gave me lots of encouragement and help!

2. What are your current favorite:

Techniques: stamping, distressing, coloring
Tools: Cuttlebug and my Nesties
Embellishments: ribbons and buttons
Coloring mediums: Copic markers, distress inks

3. What inspires you to create? Define your crafting style.

All the awesome card makers out there in the Blog Land/World! Thanks for all the wonderful crafters that are sharing their fabulous ideas everyday. I am so inspired by you all! As for my style... I think I am trying to stay simple and clean, although I do get inky and distress-y at times! =)

4. Tell us something about your family. Where are you from? Other interests besides paper crafting.

I was born and raised in Taiwan. I came to California to attend college about 8 years ago. I met my sweet hubby not very long after I settled in the Bay Area. We got married in 2008 and now live in Northern California with our two lovely cat "children." I love reading, knitting , crocheting, too. But I am not spending as much time as I used to on these other hobbies since I am obsessed with card making now... =)

5. Do you have a favorite quote/verse that you live by?

Never give up! Whenever things don't come out the way that I expected, I'd keep trying and see if I can make them work by changing the designs or elements a little. Chances are if I give it a little more time and patience, my projects would turn out fine. Sometimes I just have to keep trying if I have my mind set on a certain project. I am pretty stubborn that way. LOL!

Alice and I share a similar history of being born and raised in Asia, having both met our husbands in CA. I think that's so cool :-). Now, feast your eyes with some of Alice's creations. She also used the Car Favor Box template.

And here's the top of the box. Can you tell why I asked her to design for me with these sets? She's so good, isn't she? Head on over to her aptly named blog, Alice's {Little} Wonderland (because you'll just oooh and ahhh with wonder as you browse through it) to see more eye candy.


Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. yahoo for alice:) great interview...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great choice for guest DT spot!! Alice your work is wonderful Love your box, and your coloring is adorable! Love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still so happy and honored to be your Guest Designer, Nina! you have inspired me so much ever since I found your blog. You are such a sweetie! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Alice's work is wonderful! I can see why you chose her! Alice, have fun - Nina is such a sweetie! You are SO lucky to be working with her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to learn more about sweet Alice. As I said, GREAT choice to design for you. I love her little wonderland!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails