Wednesday, January 6, 2010

GinaK Designs Previews, Day 3

Have you been enjoying the GKD preview hops? I know I have! Today, we are featuring the new StampTV kit, Organize It! that will help you organize for the new year. Gina included so many elements, images and texts in the two stamp sets in the kit, Organize It and Picture It. Also included in this kit are 24 sheets of heavy base cardstock, an assortment of brads, ivory sateen flowers and 12 yards of a variety of ribbons at 5/8" and 3/8" widths. Wow, what a large kit it makes!

I decided to show you a project I've been wanting to make for a long time. It's a hand made prayer journal that is easy to mass produce. I used the sturdy Soft Sand cardstock for the base and the Black Onyx for the spine. The patterned paper is by K&Company. I stamped the two words (prayer and journal) from the Organize It! set in Memento Rose Bud and framed it inside a text box stamp also in the set. The box is framed with Passionate Pink cardstock die cut with Spellbinders scalloped rectangle die. The butterfly image is from Picture It! and I colored it with Copic markers to match the Passionate Pink. The ribbon is from Michael's and I made the bow using my Bow Easy.

STV Prayer journal

Here is a close up of the butterfly. A little pearl is all the embellishment it needs.

STV closeup

And here is the inside of the journal. I adhered the pad using the ScorTape and it holds pretty well. I made a pen holder using ribbon. The prayer journal makes a special, handmade gift or make it for yourself.

STV inside

To see more projects made with the new StampTV kit, check out these designers' links:
Then, tune in to the newest StampTV video available tomorrow morning at StampTV as Gina will be sharing a special project she made with the new kit too!

Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. Gorgeous journal Nina!!! I love making journals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful prayer journal and that ribbon is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a stunning journal. love the pop of the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Nina, I just watched the video at Gina's . I love the organize it kit. And your prayer journal is beautiful. Beautiful paper and love the color of the butterfly.
    what a terrific project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just precious. Love the pink butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this..... what a way to keep everything you need down on paper..... great for prayer list...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nina this is a beautiful Journal. Very pretty! I like only one pearl on the butterfly....Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A prayer journal is something that my dear grandmother used to keep. We never ever knew about it until she passed away and we found it while sorting through her things. I began one on that very day! She would have loved this - it is so beautiful, Nina!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How perfectly gorgeous! One of my Bible study girls gave me a pretty journal that I take to class every week. When it is full, I'll have to remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful journal and awesome idea! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nina, this is beautiful! Gorgeous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like this kit is going to have endless possibilities! I love your beautiful journal, Nina!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful way to start the New Year with a prayer journal. And yes they do make a such a wonderful gift! You've made a very pretty one, love the bright pink!

    ReplyDelete
  14. fabulous double ear (?) bow!! love the design and that pretty butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just beautiful Nina. Such an elegant way to keep track of those in need of prayer. Love that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Nina!!! love the hot pink with black so very smart - love this set.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is just gorgeous Nina! Love the colors you have used and that butterfly is colored so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful prayer journal, Nina! I love the DP and the pretty butterfly! Gorgeous bow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ooh that pink is super pretty with the black!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Making a new prayer journal is on my to do list. It really help keep a person thankful for the things we have and hopeful for what lies ahead.
    This is just a lovely journal.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your journal Nina! Just fabulous design and love to have prayer journals nearby!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aw, Nina - this is so pretty! Great idea for a prayer journal... LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails