Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Pumpkins and Plum Crazy Butterfly

My first card uses this week's Card Patterns' sketch:

The pumpkins are from Sherrod Studios, this week's sponsor. They have some really adorable images. I hope you can join us this week. The cardbase is GinaK's Green Apple, the circle is SU's More Mustard, embossed with a Cuttlebug folder. The pumpkins were colored with Copics. I added the faux stitches with a Inkssentials white pen. The buttons are from GKD's Autumn Button Assortment. I scored the bottom for an added effect. The ribbon is something I found here in Croatia.

The second card is both for Our Creative Corner's vintage challenge, Moxie Fab's Plum Crazy challenge and the StampTV Potluck Challenge this week. If you have a moment, please check out the STV link as there is an excellent way to encourage a grieving family with your purple cards.

I admit that purple is not one of my favorite colors. But, a few of my friends have created amazing holiday cards with this color (here and here) and, couple that with Cath's new challenge, I have to at least try. Here is my card...

I colored the butterfly with Sharpies and Copics. I didn't know they could blend together. The music score and peace stamps are from my new set, Vintage Borders. Make sure you check out my preview post for helpful tips for this set.

The card base is GinaK's Vibrant Violet, ribbon is white organdy, button is from GKD's Autumn Button Assortment, the DPs are Guidelines from PTI, lace is from Walmart.


Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. great card! I had to think for a minute if the lace was included in your set too LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards!!!
    Stop by my blog....I left you some lovin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that purple card - a challenge well played!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! those are so pretty, Nina!! LOVE the clean design of the pumpkin one and the second one is just gorgeous!! love the lace in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards!! The lace is gorgeous! Blessings and Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Nina your cards are beautiful! That sketch is a good one, gonna have to give it a try! Thanks for the little plug for my purple Christmas card. You know, I am loving that set of stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are beautiful! Congrats on your Tuesday Trigger win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pumpkin thank you card is fantastic. I love how you made the one pumpkin pop out. . And your faux stitching is perfect... like everything you do. Those embossed lines on the lower portion of the card really finish it up beautifully!
    And wow.... The purple butterfly card is amazing.Im not a purple lover either yet I'm ooohhh'ing and ahhhh'ing over it. You've done it again. I adore the score stamp and the coloring of the butterfly is incredible. The stitching and lace are perfect additions. Love how your card turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your take on the sketch is wonderful! Great as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are beautiful! I especially love the butterfly...and that beautiful lace!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your cards are perfectly fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Nina! Thanks for giving the Plum Crazy! Challenge a try--for someone who doesn't like purple, you certainly were able to rise to the occasion!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails